Updated: Mar 18, 2021
One of the most seasoned moms I know shared with me that her most refreshing experience serving someone after delivery was when a friend simply put her to work.
“She greeted me at the door and said, ‘I’m so glad you came by! I am going to rest with the baby, and there is a task list for my friends on the fridge.’”
My friend reported that she loved feeling like she was doing something to really help.
A much better feeling than leaving someone after dropping off a meal that you hope everyone will like.
She accomplished tasks that the mom had chosen. It was freeing!
So Mamas, let’s give this gift to ourselves and to the people who may want to serve us in the postpartum.
It is OK to be specific about what you need. (remember my six things that no one tell you about the first month)
Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Wash/Fold a load of laundry
- Put the dishes in the washer and run in
- UNLOAD the dishwasher
- Tidy up
- Take the older kids for a walk
- Take the dog for a walk
- Do a craft with the older kids
- Mow the lawn
- Sweep off the porch
- Hold baby while mom naps or showers
- Take older kids to school/pick them up
- Clean kitchen
- Clean out fridge
- Address thank-you envelopes
- Do a grocery run - List of Perfect Snacks
What are some other things that you would add to this list? Seasoned mamas, what did I leave out?